Staton Laws is an accredited health and wellness professional with over 10 years experience. Providing the foundation for his expertise in human metabolism and nutrition, Staton received a B.S. in Health Sciences from the University of North Florida. He’s currently a Ph.D. Candidate in Medicine within the Department of Pharmacology at the University of Adelaide.
His research interests center on the nutraceutical properties of medicinal cannabis. In particular, he investigates the neuroprotective bioactivity of cannabis-prevalent terpenes and their implications for the entourage effects of Medicinal Cannabis, full-spectrum formulations and potential use in dementia care.
Soon-to-be-Dr. Laws serves as our general medical science liaison. He’s invaluable in product development; he helps make primary-literature-guided decisions with the consumer’s – or patient’s – true health as the focus. He’s an asset to botanical projects requiring scientific validation and informed medical due diligence. He’s indispensable to enterprises marketing specialty crop products based on quality, purity, efficacy – or data-based benefits to human wellness.
Specialties / Specializations
- Scientific Validation and Informed Medical / Pharmacological Due Diligence
- Pharmacokinetics (i.e., Biodistribution) of Medicinal Cannabis Formulations
- Cannabinoid and Cannabis-Prevalent Terpene Entourage Effects, Efficacy Ranges, Neuroprotective Capacities and Auxiliary Benefits
- Nutraceutical Properties of Cannabis sativa L. from Roots to Seed.
- Nutrition and Yoga Workshops on Topics Including:
- Ketosis and Fasting
- The Art and Science of Living Foods
- Hydration and Hot Yoga
- Essential Nutrition